Terms and Conditions This Internet website is provided by Surrey Chambers of Commerce (“the Company”). By using this website, you agree to be bound to the following Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions then you are not authorised to use or access this Site.
Personal Information We will endeavour to ensure the information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by logging into your account. If you find any inaccuracies you can delete or correct them promptly. You may also require us to delete the Personal Information we hold about you and if you wish us to do so, please notify us by email.
We use your data for the following purposes:
- To respond to you
- To help you get the best out of our website.
- To send you details on events and services likely to be of interest.
- For the administration of the site
- If you are a member, to display as such in our membership section of the website and to share with fellow members, including within our membership directory.
- It may be useful for us to transfer your information to third parties such as affiliate partners and business services beneficial to your business, and we make sure such information is adequately protected.
- In this agreement the following words shall have the following meanings:
- “Us” refers to Surrey Chambers of Commerce, a Company Limited by Guarantee, registered in England and Wales (No: 3027072.) and “we” and “our” will be construed accordingly.
- The Surrey Chambers of Commerce Registered Office, 14a Monument Way East, Woking, Surrey, GU21 5LY.
- “You” refers to the customer or user who uses the Site subject to these terms and conditions and “your” will be construed accordingly.
- “Site” means the site on the World Wide Web located at https://www.surrey-chambers.co.uk/ , and “Content” means the information and other material available within the Site.
Availability You acknowledge that it is technically impossible to provide the Site free of faults and that we do not undertake to do so; that faults may lead to the temporary unavailability of the Site; and that the operation of the Site may be adversely affected by conditions and performances outside our control, including, without limitation, transmission and telecommunications links between us and you and between us and other systems and networks. We and/or our suppliers may make improvements and/or changes in the Site at any time.
Warranty We will perform our services with reasonable care and skill. No representation or warranty is given that the services will be uninterrupted or error free or that all errors or defects can be corrected or remedied. The Site is used at your own risk. We accept no liability for any loss or damage to your hardware and/or software and/or data resulting from your access and/or use of the Site. In no event shall Surrey Chambers of Commerce be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising directly or indirectly from the advice or information given on this Site.
Intellectual Property and use of Software You acknowledge that all copyright, trademarks, database rights and all other intellectual property rights in the Content shall remain vested in us or our licensors. Your use of any software that is made available to download from the Site or via any hyperlink contained on the Site (“Software”) is governed by the terms of the end user license agreement, if any, which accompanies or is included with the Software (“Licence Agreement”). You may not install, copy or use any Software that is accompanied by or includes a Licence Agreement unless you first agree to the terms of such Licence Agreement.
All title, copyrights and other intellectual property subsisting in this web Site or in any artwork connected with the web Site belong to us and will remain our property at all times – unless otherwise stated.
Security You are responsible for the security and proper use of (any) user name and passwords used from time to time in connection with the Site and must take all necessary steps to ensure that they are kept confidential, secure, used properly and not disclosed to unauthorised people. You must immediately inform us if there is any reason to believe that your user name or password has or is likely to become known to someone not authorised to use it or is being or is likely to be used in an unauthorised way. If you forget or lose a password or user name you must follow the process set up on the website. We reserve the right to suspend user name and password access to the Site and the Services if at any time we consider that there is or is likely to be a breach of security. We reserve the right (in our sole discretion) to require you to change any or all of the passwords used by you in connection with the Site. You must immediately inform us of any changes to the information you supplied when registering for the Site.
Miscellaneous Notices shall be given to the relevant party at the addresses given by you, or at such address as is notified to the other to this purpose. This agreement constitutes the whole agreement between the parties and can only be varied in writing. We may assign the benefit (subject to the burden) of this agreement to any purchaser of our business. Your statutory rights are not affected at all by these terms and conditions. This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England. Any dispute will be dealt with by the English courts. Each party confirms that, save as expressly set out in this agreement, no term of this agreement is enforceable under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 by any third party who but for that Act would not have been entitled to enforce such terms.