Employment Law Basics for SMEs
Event Time: 09:30 - 11:00
Event Theme: Training Workshops
Price: Member Rate: Free Non Member Rate: £20.00 +VAT |
Are you a Small or Medium-sized Enterprise (SME) looking to stay compliant and up to date with the ever-changing landscape of employment law? Herrington Carmichael, in partnership with Surrey Chambers, is excited to announce our comprehensive training session: "Employment Law Basics for SMEs."
About the Training:
In today's competitive business environment, understanding employment law is essential for the success and growth of your SME. Our training session will cover a wide range of vital topics to equip you with the knowledge and tools necessary to effectively manage your workforce. Whether you're a business owner, HR professional, or manager, this training is tailored to meet your needs.
The training session will encompass the following crucial topics:
- Introduction to Employment Law: Gain insights into the legal framework governing employer-employee relationships.
- Employment Status and Contracts: Understand the nuances of different employment contracts and their implications.
- Discrimination and Equality: Learn how to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace while avoiding discrimination pitfalls.
- Working Time and Leave: Comprehend the laws related to working hours, breaks, and employee leave entitlements.
- Pay and Benefits: Navigate the complexities of wage regulations, benefits, and bonuses in compliance with the law.
- Managing Workplace Issues: Develop effective strategies for handling workplace disputes, grievances, and disciplinary actions.
- Termination of Employment and Recent Developments: Stay updated on the latest changes in employment termination laws and best practices.
Benefits of Attending:
By participating in this training, you will:
- Strengthen your understanding of employment law fundamentals, ensuring legal compliance and reducing the risk of costly disputes.
- Learn practical strategies to create a positive and productive work environment, boosting employee morale and retention.
- Gain confidence in managing workplace issues, ensuring a harmonious and respectful atmosphere.
- Access valuable resources and reference materials to support your ongoing HR and legal needs.
- Network with other SME professionals, creating potential business opportunities and collaborations.