International Trade – getting ready to export
Documentation is at the heart of international trade for without it, there is no contract, no transport, and no payment.
Constantly changing regulations and trade procedures can make things very complicated so if you want to avoid contractual issues, customs penalties, transport delays or difficulties in getting paid when trading internationally then it is essential to have the correct export documentation in place.
Even if you use a freight forwarder or an agent, it is still up to you to make sure that the right documents are available.
Why choose Surrey Chambers of Commerce for your export documentation?
- We can advise you on the trade documents required for each overseas market and we can walk you through each stage, or handle the entire process on your behalf for Certificates of Origin, Letters of Credit, ATA Carnets and the majority of Customs documents
- We certify, legalise, or arrange Foreign and Commonwealth Office Apostille for thousands of documents each and every year.
- The International Trade team are fully accredited and authorised by the British Chambers of Commerce and HM Government to issue:
- United Kingdom Certificates of Origin
- Arab-British Certificates of Origin
- UK-EUR1 Certificates
- Certify signatures on Commercial Documents
- All the above documents can be applied for online using our online documentation platform, eCert, in person, or by post.
- We hold stocks of international shipping forms some of which are detailed below:
- United Kingdom Certificates of Origin (blank original sets and copies)
- Arab-British Certificates of Origin (blank original sets and copies)
- UK- EUR1 Certificates (blank)
- plus, many more!
And if we do not hold the particular form you are looking for, we will try our best to obtain it on your behalf.
- You do not have to be based in Surrey to use our service. We help businesses based across the UK so no matter where you are based, we will be here to help you.
By working with Surrey Chambers of Commerce you will benefit from our experience in handling trade documentation which means less risk of customs penalties and delays.
Got a question? Give us a call on 01483 735540 or alternatively, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for export documentation via our online documentation platform, eCert, the UK’s original and leading online service for electronic certificates of origin and other certified documents. Registration is FREE and can be completed online in just a few minutes.
If you have never completed documentation with Surrey Chambers of Commerce before, you must register onto our eCert service. All users will be required to download and complete a Formal Undertaking. This document must be completed fully and returned to us before any documentation can be processed by us. All formal undertaking must be renewed annually. You must also ensure all registered signatories have read our Standard Rules attached to the formal undertaking.
By using eCert, you can quickly and easily complete your documents and submit them to the Chamber in a few clicks. Once submitted, your application will be placed in a queuing system and reviewed by a member of the documentation team.
Got a question about eCert? Give us a call on 01483 735540 or alternatively, email us at email@example.com
If you are new to international trade, then you may find the world of export documentation daunting, difficult and confusing; even some seasoned exporters still experience problems when completing the necessary paperwork for their shipments.
Our online documentation guides can help you to complete your documents and avoid any possible errors, delays, or unnecessary costs. Click on the tabs below to find out more information.
UK Certificate of OriginFIND OUT MORE
EU Transition HubFIND OUT MORE
Arab Certificate of OriginFIND OUT MORE
Preferential CertificatesFIND OUT MORE
Certification/LegalisationFIND OUT MORE
ATA CarnetFIND OUT MORE
GlossaryFIND OUT MORE
Price ListFIND OUT MORE
Incoterms RulesFIND OUT MORE
Tariff CodesFIND OUT MORE
Compliance & ConformityFIND OUT MORE
Country InformationFIND OUT MORE