Senior Corporate Associate
5th September 2023
GBH Law is an award-winning Legal 500 commercial law firm based in Godalming, Surrey. We are looking for an experienced corporate/commercial lawyer to join our Corporate Team to work with our existing directors Kate Doody and Denise Herrington, and associate solicitors Clare Stephens and Chloe Wallington.
GBH Law has earned a reputation as an outstanding law firm that attracts and retains top talent due to our exceptional workplace culture and employee-centric practices. This year, our Corporate Team has been nominated for Team of the Year and the firm has been nominated for Employer of the Year at the Surrey Law Society Awards. We are a friendly and welcoming firm, and we offer flexibility and a modern approach to the law. A commercial approach is central to our team ethos.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic corporate/commercial lawyer who:
- has the experience and technical ability to take the lead (with appropriate supervision) in advising clients on corporate transactions, such as share sales/purchases or assets sales/purchases and/or is able to confidently advise clients and draft commercial agreements and advise on more general routine corporate matters.
- has good communication skills and can give clear advice to clients and can communicate with colleagues effectively.
- can demonstrate an ability to build strong professional relationships (internally and externally).
has good IT skills, has experience of using a case management system and is proficient in using Office 365.
- works well with other team members and can provide support and encouragement to more junior fee earners; and
- is interested in growing their own client base and happy to network with other professionals and clients.
At GBH Law, we embrace flexible working with a mixture of office-based and home working. Typically, fee earners work two days a week in the office and the rest of the time from home.
Over the last few years, we have invested heavily in IT and telephone systems to ensure that the hybrid working model does not impact service to clients. We are also open to this being a part-time role, but due to the anticipated workload, we do require a minimum commitment of four days a week. Several members of our Corporate Team work part-time, and we are all accustomed to supporting each other to enable this arrangement to work smoothly for our fee earners and for our clients.
For the right candidate, there exist promising long-term opportunities, including the potential for directorship and share ownership.
If this opportunity sounds interesting to you and you believe you might be the right fit for us, we would love to hear from you.
Full-time or part-time.
To find out more