Ramsac: Relationship Manager
27th January 2020
Why your job is important to us.
Our business lives or dies by the quality of the relationships we build with our customers. When we win a client, we want to keep them for the long-term, that means looking after them better than our competition could.
The Relationship Team has to be technically proficient in order to deliver the right advice when it comes to projects and the development of IT, they have to be focussed when it comes to hitting budgets and they have to be caring, professional and efficient when dealing with client demands and difficult customer issues.
The Relationship Manager is the central point of contact for a portfolio of ramsac’s customers and will be responsible for maintaining the relationship between the wider ramsac team, and the client, with a focus on building long-term client engagements.
At the heart of IT
Clients deal with multiple colleagues at ramsac, but it’s important that they have a central contact who can own the relationship and champion the client internally.
On a day to day basis you will:
- Manage your own portfolio of ramsac clients
- Manage your pipeline of sales opportunities, ensuring that opportunities are kept up to date and that clients are regularly communicated with
- Make regular proactive calls or site visits to your client portfolio
- Produce accurate and timely quotes and client proposals
- Support the Relationship Directors with the management of specific larger clients, providing additional admin or client support as needed
- Take part in sales activities that promote ramsac services to existing customers
- Manage with great care and sensitivity, any client issues, special requests or complaints, liaising with all teams internally to ensure a speedy resolution for your customer
- Think proactively about recommendations that you could make to improve a client’s use of IT
We want to be known as the most ‘can do’, well polished and caring IT supplier in the South East. To do that, we only want to work with the best. Our staff are proud to say ‘I am ramsac’ and their personal values are a reflection of the core ramsac beliefs, which is all about going the extra mile and being genuinely concerned about providing clients with the best, most attentive and highest quality service. Are you ramsac enough to be part of this very special team?
What’s really important to us
- Great communication skills with people at all levels of an organisation
- A background in tech, possibly in a support role or having previously sold IT solutions
- The ability to be self-motivated and highly organised
- An upbeat, ‘can do’ attitude with a genuine drive to learn, develop and improve yourself
- The ability to calmly manage customer issues and communicate clearly when problems arise
- The ability to remain calm and to make clients feel that they are the most important person on the planet!
- A genuine interest in technology with a desire to continue your professional learning in order to drive your career development
- The drive to hit targets, even though this is not a commission-based role
- A willingness to think about the wider team, putting team interests ahead of your own when this is required
- On a practical note, you need to be able to drive and have access to car
The icing on the cake:
- Previous sales experience, particularly in an IT related field.