Junior UX Researcher
20th January 2022
Invotra Consulting is part of Invotra Group, who provide digital communications services and products to organisations across the UK and US. We are leaders in digital communications and accessibility, providing innovative services for the public sector including 47 % of the UK Government, as well as organisations throughout the NHS, Banking, and Franchise sectors.
We are extremely proud of our culture and working environment. What we do is innovative and transformative and we continually challenge ourselves to develop new and better services that help our customers and their users thrive.
Working at Invotra means you’re part of a fun, inclusive, nurturing, vibrant team of ambitious individuals. You will be a valued member with great career progression opportunities where openness, transparency and fairness are expected of everyone.
We are committed to offering equal employment opportunity.
Junior UX Researcher role:
As we continue to grow, there is a fantastic opportunity at Invotra Consulting for a Junior UX Researcher. The role offers plenty of support from experienced consultants and development opportunities with an open, transparent, fast-moving and fun working environment.
We are looking for a team player with good communication skills and excellent attention to detail. You will also be comfortable working individually with our customers and partners to provide a defined outcome in the form of stakeholder management and user research. You will be able to create, maintain and develop productive relationships with colleagues and customers.
You will be working with our existing customers to improve the products they use by working with their stakeholders and end-users to design and develop the support of new features on their communications applications. You will also provide support to our UX team with new and existing projects to support delivering our services alongside a wider project team.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Gather information from customers to help identify their requirements and recommend relevant services such as user research or usability testing
- Understand qualitative and quantitative research methods and how to apply these across different projects
- Plan and design user research workshops to help identify different user demographics and needs
- Work with our senior consultants to deliver and support user research, stakeholder interviews, user journey mapping, scenario testing and persona development
- Contribute to the usability testing process from developing user recruitment briefs through to test moderation, analysis and report writing
- Develop user journeys and recommend an Information Architecture which reflects best UX practice guidelines and meets the user and stakeholder needs
- Work with our consultants to ensure all work and recommendations complies with WCAG 2.1 AA accessibility guidelines
- Analyse results and write evaluation and recommendation reports for customers that detail the results of your work and the recommended next steps
- Confidently present your findings and designs to customers and internal audiences
- Assist with other areas of research and analysis, including analytics and product research
- Work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team, including web developers, UX researchers, and project managers
- Help run training workshops, progress reviews, and creative workshops with customers and the wider delivery team
- Keep up to date with the latest research and design innovations/tools.
- Suggest creative ways of improving approaches to existing services and ideas for new services
Minimum Experience Required:
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods including user requirements gathering
- Understanding of information architecture (IA)
- Understanding of gathering business requirements and translating them into user stories/functional specifications
- Capable of effective prioritisation of tasks and personal time management
- Able to work flexibly and to tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- GCSE English and Maths (A*-C) or equivalent
- Minimum of A Levels or equivalent (Grades A-C)
- 1 year experience in user research
Required technologies (or equivalents):
A good understanding of new and emerging technologies, tools, techniques, approaches, and methodologies relevant to user research.
- Understanding of user research
- Understanding of web/design best practice
- Ambitious, creative and driven
- Knowledge of the Digital Communications and/or website/technology space
- Keen to learn and grow as a user researcher
- Excellent attention to detail
Nice to haves:
- Usability testing experience
- User Guide writing experience
- Understanding of accessibility (WCAG)
- Web trainer experience
- Experience of Google Analytics, or similar would be an advantage
- Experience of InVision, Sketch, Adobe or equivalent would be helpful
Salary and benefits:
- £18-£21k per annum
- Bonus Scheme available, up to £35,000 OTE
- Lively, fun and transparent working environment
- Smart/Casual dress code
- Comprehensive training
- Career Development opportunities
- Hybrid working
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Regular social gatherings/away days with team
- Strictly no agencies