Accounts Assistant – Accounting4Contractors
27th June 2018
We are looking for a friendly, hard working person to join our busy accountancy practice in Newdigate, Surrey.
You should have great communication skills for this client facing role. You will also need to be very organised and able to multi task, with a high level of IT literacy. We have an excellent reputation for client satisfaction and the successful applicant will become a valued and important member of the team.
Because we take pride in the work we do, we do it as it is intended to be done. No shortcuts, no omissions, no bodge-jobs or work-arounds – we want to WOW!
- Assist with monthly book-keeping and bank reconciliations using Xero online accounting software
- Help to prepare quarterly VAT returns
- Create management report packs to send to clients
- Support with client payrolls and CIS returns
- Preparation of client personal tax returns
- Support the Practice Manager with year-end accounts preparation
- Manage Companies House submissions
- General office duties
- Telephone answering and message taking
You will be expected to take ownership of your weekly work tasks, along with your own development. We encourage everyone in the team to undertake frequent training to keep their skills and knowledge up to date so that we can continue providing A+ service to clients.
- Previous experience in an accounting role
- AAT qualified (or similar)
- Commercially astute, with keen analytical and problem-solving mind
- Organised and able to plan time efficiently to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport quickly with clients
- Self-motivated and able to show initiative
- Accurate and able to work well under pressure
- Friendly, happy & great communicator
- Experience with accounting software, preferably Xero or other cloud packages
- Must be a driver with access to a vehicle, due to the office location.
This is a great opportunity to make a significant contribution in a forward thinking expanding firm.