COVID-19 Events Update
Event Time: 09:00 - 15:00
Event Theme: Topical
Price: Price: TBC
As the Coronavirus or COVID-19 outbreak continues to spread across the country, we are conscious that businesses are having to make decisions to minimise the impact that the outbreak will have on their business, including having staff working from home and avoid close contact with others. We have, therefore, made the decision to postpone the remainder of our March events, as well as several in April.
This includes our Golf day at Foxhills, and our Monthly Networking evening at The Ivy Arts’ Centre at the University of Surrey on the 26th March.
With the possibility of the government policy preventing large events coming into effect in the near future, we have also made the decision to postpone our Surrey Commercial Property Group Lunch at De Vere Horsley Estate on the 20th May, and our Speed Networking with Surrey & Hampshire Chamber on the 21st April.
Here at the Chambers, the health and wellbeing of our Members is our top priority, so whilst it is with regret that we must postpone these events, we are taking every measure possible to ensure that the spread of coronavirus is minimised. If you have bought a ticket to an event that has now been postponed, we are happy to offer you a full refund or transfer you to your event once the new date has been set. We apologise for the inconvenience that cancelling our events may have caused, we wish you and your businesses good health at this time.
Our advice for businesses:
- Continue to wash your hands regularly and after any contact with public surfaces such as doorknobs, tables and after public transport use.
- Avoid contact with those who are ill or at potential risk of contracting the virus.
- If you feel you may have early symptoms of the virus be sure to isolate yourself from your family and workplace.
- Keep your phone, keyword and work surface clean, especially if you use a shared computer.
- Keep up to date with government advice on businesses HERE.
- More advice from us can be found HERE.