BRIDGING THE GAP BETWEEN EDUCATION & BUSINESS
A great start for young people
Research shows that there is a growing gap between education and employment. Surrey Chambers of Commerce passionately believes that young people need contact with the business community to gain valuable skills, knowledge and experience to complement their academic qualifications.
The chamber also recognises that schools and colleges also need support which is why we have created Young Chamber, a membership designed specifically for schools and colleges.
“Surrey Chambers is always on hand to offer assistance and advice. We have found that working in partnership with them further strengthens the colleges offerings.”
Ben Geeson, Guildford College
Young Chamber membership will help put your school at the heart of the local business community, supporting you in building the school’s brand and reputation with potential parents. Membership will also provide you with the opportunity to showcase your school and the value of its services.
- Promote your school and its services to the business community.
- Attend our 10 free events a year, plus a full and exciting events
calendar to promote the school and develop relationships.
- Free press & PR opportunities
- Entry to the British Chambers of Commerce School Award
- Access to Chamber member database
- Direct link to your local business community
Becoming a member of your local chamber of commerce will give your pupils an insight into the world of work by hearing directly from businesses, allowing young people to explore a diverse and dynamic range of sectors from manufacturing to business services. This will help them develop the crucial employability and soft skills which employers value.
- Five editions a year of The Chamber, our bi monthly business publication to highlight real world business scenarios and information to students.
- Real world problem solving, development or design from member businesses (where possible).
- Business talks
- Employability skills workshop
- One free place at the national Young Chamber summit
By joining Surrey Chambers of Commerce we can also help you to develop the skills and knowledge of your senior leadership, providing opportunities to meet and learn from local businesses to gain an understanding of the local labour market.
- Develop your staff with our comprehensive training programme.
- Access to member to member discounts, including AA membership, fuel cards, health insurance etc.
- Access to local business intelligence.
- Support for recruitment of school governors.